|Beneficiaries||Women, young people|
|Number of beneficiaries||Less than 10|
The general objective is to reduce the prevalence of marital violence in Antananarivo and to develop practical guidance and empowerment solutions for the female victims.
In the framework of a networking strategy, 5 specific goals have been established:
- Create a "resource centre",
- Implement a mid-term psychological and social support for the female victims,
- Establish a network of fieldworkers,
- Raise awareness among the Malagasy population and provoke a change of behaviour,
- Generalise women's rights and strengthen the legal framework for a better protection of the female victims.
- The members of the association will carry out a study on the status and issues of violence in the community. They will provide training, raise awareness, support social players, such as the social monitoring unit, the Police, the Gendarmerie and hospital physicians, in their activities.
- The unit will be supported to become autonomous. It will enable the creation of a women victims association.
- Awareness will be raised through a regular radio show, a website, preventive actions in high schools and youth movements, club creations and media coverage.
- A working group will be established in collaboration with the Ministry of Justice to focus on the legal management of marital violence.