|Field||Income generating activities|
|Beneficiaries||Genocide widows of Kimironko|
|Number of beneficiaries||Between 50 and 200|
The project supported by the PPR Foundation involves opening a restaurant at the Community House of genocide surviving widows in Kigali (Rwanda).
Profits from the restaurant business will be redistributed among the cooperative members, widows and young girls survivors of the genocide at Kimironko. The project further intends to provide guidance and assistance to the widows throughout their self-reconstruction process, by contributing to their social and economic reintegration in the context of the country's reconstruction and development.
The restaurant is located in the Community House built by Rwanda Avenir for the widows and managed jointly by a cooperative and a leading member of the Widows Group.
- Completion of two restaurant dining rooms and the terrace, and furnishings.
- Completion of the kitchen and storage rooms, and furnishings
- Training in restaurant business and on-the-job training in restaurants and hotels in the area.
- Creation of a cooperative, and filing for required permits.
- Production of internal and external communication material.
- Opening of a Rwandan arts and crafts promotional stand.