|Beneficiaries||Auteurs de violences conjugales dans le cadre de mesures socio-judiciaires|
|Number of beneficiaries||Between 200 and 500|
Participation in the responsibility and awareness help group is offered to perpetrators of marital violence (presumed or convicted offenders) subject to criminal proceedings. As an alternative to imprisonment, participation in the help group can take place before or after the court judgment.
The help group focuses on the prevention of domestic violence, and more specifically on:
- prevention of repeat offenses;
- recognition by the men of their responsibility in violent acts and in the deterioration of marital relationships;
- guidance to perpetrators for possible therapeutic care;
- consideration for the victims by the perpetrators;
- consideration for consequences on children.
Help groups hold weekly sessions, with a programme of seven 2-hour sessions. During a prior individual interview, the men commit to attend all group sessions which are moderated by a psychologist and a social worker.
Topics during the exchange sessions include:
• Search for the triggers to violence;
• Recollections of the initial love encounter;
• Values and representations of the roles of men and women: expectations, hopes, disappointments;
• Responsibility in marital conflicts; etc.
Help groups are conducted in the form of introspective exchanges and role playing.